manual for risk analysis of open pit mining

MANAGEMENT OF MINING, QUARRYING AND ORE …

management of mining, quarrying and ore-processing waste in the European Union. This project was completed mainly through the use of questionnaire sent to sub- …

Risk assessment of occupational groups working in open pit ...

In open pit mining it is possible to prevent industrial accidents and the results of industrial accidents such as deaths, physical disabilities and financial loss by implementing risk analyses in advance.

manual for risk analysis of open pit mining - ecoop.eu

This section investigates the risk associated with manual mine clearance, both the risk ..... occur on mine pit slopes than in the commercial aviation industry. The x-axis ... working on mobile drill rigs, in open pit mining or on foundation works.

Guidance for carrying out risk assessment at surface ...

2 Introduction This publication sets out basic advice for carrying out Risk Assessment at Surface Mining Operations. Surface mining operations are defined as activities undertaken during winning, transporting and processing of minerals mined from the surface. The steps to carry out the necessary risk

Strategic Project Evaluation for Open Pit Mining Ventures ...

Strategic Project Evaluation for Open Pit Mining Ventures Using Real Options and Allied Econometric Techniques Luis Alberto Martínez Tipe Bachelor of Engineering (Faculty of Mining Engineering), Universidad Nacional de Ingenieria–Lima-Peru. MDip in Engineering (WH Bryan Research Centre), The University of Queensland.

Stochastic optimisation model for open pit mine planning ...

Life of mine (LOM) production scheduling is a critically important part of open pit mining ventures and deals with the efficient management of cash flows in the order of hundreds of millions of dollars.

Mining Cost Estimating Software - CostMine

Sherpa for Surface Mines is an innovative, engineering-based software system that helps you estimate the costs of open-pit mining. Sherpa combines engineering-based estimating procedures with cost data from CostMine's Mining Cost Service to determine the pertinent capital and operating costs associated with surface development and mining.

Open Pit Slope Depressurization using Horizontal Drains ...

Figure 4 Summary of open pit mining at Batu Hijau Open pit dewatering operations which commenced in 2001 have resulted in a maximum reduction in groundwater level of approximately 450 meters in the centre of the mineral deposit.

Risk assessment of occupational groups working in open pit ...

The analyses conducted with AHP revealed that the greatest risk in open pit mining is landslides, the most risky occupational group is unskilled labourers and the most common hazards are caused by landslides and transportation/hand tools/falling.

Exploring stochastic optimization in open pit mine design

Exploring stochastic optimization in open pit mine design By Francisco Rosendo Albor Consuegra Department of Mining and Materials Engineering, McGill University, Montreal February, 2010 A thesis submitted to McGill University as a partial fulfilment of the requirements of …

Integration of OHS into Risk Management in an Open-Pit ...

Terbrugge et al. used a risk analysis approach designed with fault tree analysis (FTA) to categorize the risks associated with design problems of slopes in open-pit mines. Risk categories are identified according to their consequences for workers, equipment, production, economics, various industrial operations and public relations.

OPEN ACCESS minerals - MDPI

into risk management in the context of a new open-pit mining project in Quebec, based on analysis of incident and accident reports, semi-structured interviews, questionnaires and collaborative field observations. We propose a new concept, called hazard concentration, based on the number of hazards and their influence.

Cost analysis of material handling systems in open pit ...

Cost analysis of material handling systems in open pit mining: Case study on an iron ore prefeasibility study ... Open pit mining operations require complex systems including drilling, blasting, dewatering, materials handling, and primary crushing to be established. ... Risk analysis and management is an inevitable part of engineering design ...

manual for risk analysis of open pit mining – Grinding ...

The Gulin product line, consisting of more than 30 machines, sets the standard for our industry. We plan to help you meet your needs with our equipment, with our distribution and product support system, and the continual introduction and updating of products.

(PDF) Slope stability risk management in open pit mines

The stability of slopes in open pit mines is an issue of great concern because of the significant detrimental consequences instabilities can have.

OPEN PIT MINING THROUGH UNDERGROUND WORKINGS

OPEN PIT MINING THROUGH UNDERGROUND WORKINGS 1.0 INTRODUCTION A number of open pit mines in Western Australia (WA) are mining orebodies that have previously been mined by underground methods. There are hazards with high risk potential which develop where open pit mines approach and then progressively mine through underground workings.

Underground Mine Design |Planning & Mining Engineering

Underground Mine Design, Planning and Engineering. ... Risk analysis and management; ... Previous studies had indicated that conventional underground mining methods would solve some of the challenges of open pit mining on a mountain, but would significantly increase operating costs. The project scope was to determine whether costs could be ...

SEABRIDGE GOLD'S KSM Project Risk Analysis

Risk Analysis November 2014. 2 Overview The Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) mine project is a copper, ... mined as a combined open-pit and underground block-cave mine. The operation would be in two locations con- ... cave mining to access the deposit, creating a pit under a portion of the glacier.7 The pit …

Risk assessment workbook for mines - NSW Resources and …

Risk assessment workbook for mines Metalliferous, extractive and opal mines, and quarries IGA-019 ... risks whilst carrying out tasks in the mining and quarrying industries. ... (e.g. quarry, open cut, pit, sand or gravel operation,

Best practice and new technology in open pit mining ...

mining depths in the South African mining industry. This has, in turn, changed the industry's and stakeholders' perceptions of risk associated with mining-induced instability. In recent years the increased mining depth, particularly in open pits, has led to an increase in pit slope failures, which

WORLD BANK GROUP Environmental, Health and Safety ...

The EHS Guidelines for Mining are applicable to underground and open-pit mining, alluvial mining, solution mining, and marine dredging. Extraction of raw materials for construction products are addressed in the EHS Guidelines for Construction Materials Extraction. This document is organized according to the following sections:

Trackless mining mobile machinery - mosh.co.za

Open Pit/Cast Operations "Safety Risk Model. for. South African ... Practices with the potential to make the biggest contribution to industry wide Safety performance for trackless mobile mining machinery operation. Outcomes of the exposure. Exposures. Nature of the Hazard ... Inadequate risk analysis for specific requirements. OEM . design ...

A stochastic optimization formulation for the transition ...

As open pit mining of a mineral deposit deepens, the cost of extraction may increase up to a threshold where transitioning to mining through underground methods is more profitable. This paper provides an approach to determine an optimal depth at which a mine should transition from open pit to underground mining, based on managing technical risk.

manual for risk analysis of open pit mining - kilawarhing.in

manual for risk analysis of open pit mining – … open pit mining safety manual. safety manual for open pit mining Gold Ore CrusherNERC Open Research Archive Items where Centre is …

Development of an early-warning time-of-failure analysis ...

Ginting, A., Stawski, M., and Widiadi, R. 2011. Geotechnical risk management and mitigation at Grasberg Open Pit, PT Freeport Indonesia. In Proceedings of Slope Stability 2011: International Symposium on Rock Slope Stability in Open Pit Mining and Civil Engineering. Vancouver, BC.

gn - Mining Intelligence and Technology

mining engineering, optimization, mathematical programming, and risk Open pit optimization Strategic mine planning Long Stockpiling & blending OptiTek Website OptiTek Mining Consulting Ltd. provides mining engineering services with OptiTek offers value added professional services through design, optimization, and risk analysis of open OptiTek ...

ENVIRONMENTAL AND SAFETY RISK ASSESSMENT IN MINES

The objective of hazards and risk analysis is to identify and analyze hazards, the event sequences leading to hazards, and the risk of hazardous events. Many techniques, ranging from simple qualitative methods to advanced quantitative methods, are available to help identify and analyze hazards.

1.1 PHASES OF A MINING PROJECT - Home | ELAW

1.1.3.1 Open-pit mining Open-pit mining is a type of strip mining in which the ore deposit extends very deep in the ground, necessitating the removal of layer upon layer of overburden and ore. In many cases, logging of trees and clear-cutting or burning of vegetation above the ore deposit may precede removal of the overburden. The